søndag 4. april 2010

Hjemmepåske

Sleeping long in the mornings. Eating good food, from French cheese to Finnish and Swiss Easter chocolate. Being at home, together. And it is good.


Turskan juksausta. Photo Arnaud Tarroux

Nordlandsbåt
Coffee and rowing on the sunny fjord (but no fish wanted to become our dinner). Toril, our neighbor and land-lady proved to have a wooden rowing boat and be more than happy to get some help to get it out on the water. Some practice needed before we manage to fluently row the same tempo with Arnaud :)

Barbecue in the shore. When I claimed having got a bit browner after sunbathing in down-jacket I was not taken seriously.

Improvised flame-salmon. There is a point to have wide enough plank to hammer it on...

I'm still not quite healthy and myself, so I'm happy to take it easy at home... take care of my window-garden, do small things and just enjoy. Start to work again slowly. I really like the Norwegian working morality - the whole department tells me to not work too much if I'm not doing well ;) And anyway, it is a challenge enough to bike to the university. The road up to our place is steep enough normally, and icy and all that. At this time of the year we can really see how thick layer of ice (or hard-packed snow earlier in the winter...) there is on the roads: 10 - 20 cm. And of course it starts to disappear at the stripes under car tires and makes nice little brown rivers there. Then when you bike in one of these rivers you should be happy if you are only a bit watered and not gliding along the edges of this canyon. It was about the time to change the breaks of the bike.

One morning we had a big laugh watching a Norwegian mother trying to get down THE slope to Dramsveien with a pram. Apparently there are no spiky tires for prams?

Ingen kommentarer: