It is hard to start this blog-post with something which would be funny, reasonable and at the same time give the answer to a question that I have heard a few times since Friday: "How does it feel now?" To say it shortly:
I got my PhD on Friday.
And it was a great day.
My presentations (in Norway one holds two presentations that day, on on the thesis and one on something else) went well - and apparently even non-biologists understood most of them. The "public defence" prooved to actually be more fun than scary, both of my opponents were nice and their questions interesting. Even if the defence lasted half an hour too long the audience was more anxious to finish it off than me. And the party was great. It is amazing that so many so nice people want to organise something special for me, and so many so nice people want to celebrate together with me my big day. Photos hopefully to come -I have seen a few hilarious ones of the PhD candidate ;)
So I have looked clever both during the defence..
And after it...
Afterwardas I have felt quite empty, though. Which apparently is normal ;) So it is quite perfect to be at home and relax...
2 kommentarer:
Congratulations!!
Onnittelut siulle hienon päivän johdosta ja dokunpapereista! Ja mahottoman hyvää etelänreissua teille molemmille!
Legg inn en kommentar