tirsdag 30. april 2013

Nelson Mandela

is not an average person.

I always thought that one of the most boring types of books to read were the (self-)bibliographies of presidents... Those kind of books that are given to fathers as presents. But we happened to buy Nelson Mandelas self-biblography from South Africa. And, not only he is what one would define as "a wise man", he is also a good writer with a healthy dose of self-irony. So even if its actually Arno who started reading that book I try to confiscate it when it is not in his hands...

The sad side is that one feels quite small and lazy when reading about people that big. There are many things one should change in the world and what do I do in comparison to Nelson? Not much... Huff!Simply complaining that your toothbrush comes from China while toothpaste and tooththread come from Brasil does not change that really... Re-huff!

Ingen kommentarer: