Last eight years I haven been changing tires of my bike twice a year. And it has always been an ordeal. Until I got my new PhD-bike! No more fighting with (sometimes two people) to get a tire off! Somehow, the tires fit better with the wheels so it is just to take them off and on. But some other things have also changed. No more tablespoons as tools, we have finally those little nice plastic tools that are just so great for holding on the tire. No more carrying the bike through staircase to a bathroom/freezing your hands off outdoors/finding other solutions to get indoors to a bike-proof space. I can just turn it around right where it is... (okei, we have no light or water in the utebod. But we have an electricity cable and a strong lamp to plug on, and we have a garden hose...
And the new bike has wheel-breaks - I never have to fight with trying to understand which way around the wheel goes and what does that mean for the tire direction. It helps to have clearly different sides of the tire, you can only put it one way on the bike! And no adjusting of breaks at all.
And my hands are not even dirty! WHY did it take decades to find out that working gloves of female size exist? And not just any working gloves, but those that are meant for electricity work outdoors are so thin and strong plus water and dirt resistant that they are almost like lab-gloves but just a bit stronger. So the perfect gloves to screw small screws with!
No more a frustrating fight that just has to be done - but after all these years I can enjoyt the feeling that I master what I am doing!That is quite awsome.
And to top it all my nice broad tires make me no more to glide on ice that easily, not even in sideways slopes. So a big thanks to all of those who contributed to this bike!
Abonner på:
Legg inn kommentarer (Atom)
Ingen kommentarer:
Legg inn en kommentar