søndag 3. mai 2009

The feeling of rock


Yes it can be very warm in Tromsø sometimes in May. And this was at 0800 in the morning.

I was climbing outdoors yesterday for the first time this year. The way to cliffs at Ersfjorden is such that in Finland it would not be considered a path, more like a terrain where you should keep out of. Kampestein big time! So 500m (horisontal) can take an hour to do... But the place is great and snow melts early there. This time I managed to climb something I dindt last year (which was not too advanced but at least I got up...). Nice to know that training has payed off. Positive experiences are healthy for human being. Sore palms still today, but the feeling of rock is good. After a while when my arms were done, I ended up knitting in the sun instead... not too bad landscape over the fjord for knitting either. Less positive it was to realize how much less I trust my feet now than in the autumn. A winter with skiing and biking, and walking only indoors has done a difference. I dont jump over that wide space-between-rocks with a backpack now. It will come again... and it is like this in the spring... but its not fun to feel clumsy :)

Okei. Gin wanted to get a photo like this. I dint want to go to that tip and was happy to just take the picture. There still is a difference between people wh grew up in the Alps and people who grew up on flat lowlands...

Ingen kommentarer: