fredag 22. mai 2009

Norwegian school system

I have lately gained some insight to Norwegian school system, via Finnish friends who either have kids at school or take teacher education, as well as reading essays written by university students. Interesting... is it OK that:

Some university students write a "scientific" essay which doesn't have a beginning or end, does not discuss things in logical order and on top of that has a bunch of un-understandable sentences; without verbs or 10 lines long. That someone from Norway can write so bad Norwegian that I can correct it??

Students are supposed to have fun at school and it is a questionable thing to learn that life is sometimes boring and you may have to work to achieve something.

Teachers are not allowed to remove students from classroom, no matter how bad they behave. "They have a right to learn which teachers are not allowed to take from them."

Easy to criticize since the Finnish school system is so perfect ;) But I still think university students should be able to read and write...

Ingen kommentarer: