lørdag 21. august 2010

Montreal, encore

We came here to participate a surprise-birthday-party, in a small garden, with a theme from Kusturicas "Black Cat, White Cat" - live band, crowd dressed up and to top it all a goat and a chicken in the garden (alive, not to be eaten)... Photos will hopefully follow later.

Then I navigated to an administration-building downtown, to take care of one of the last formalities to stay here, and get myself a health insurance card. I have also been introduced to the art of biking in BIG-city traffic (what are all those cars doing in town at 0100 anyway???). Finally I refused maneuvering in between moving cars and insisted to choose emptier roads or feet. Apparently this kind of biking is something that becomes fun and exiting after one has lived here for some years...

Ost-nisse!




Photos from Marche Jean Talon, in "Little Italy", by far the greatest food-market which I have seen... It is big, it is lively, it is full of colors and huge amounts of vegetables and fruits, both in big stands and small ones by local (or, maybe not from Montreal... but from the surroundings at least). Surrounded by stands and shops for cheese, bread, meat, honey, olive oil, smoked fish, mushrooms, maple syrup, vine, fresh juice, small sweet baked things from random corners of the world... The amount of things I would like to harvest has luckily a "bag limit". But one can always take a big backpack!

Ingen kommentarer: