fredag 18. november 2011

symaskiner

"Du bruker symaskin?" asked Ingeborg a while ago. Jaaa, yes, I do use sewing machine. And hups, she had recruited me to be a teacher at a sew-machine course at the red cross; we are teaching immigrant ladies how to use a sewing machine. (Red cross is apparently much more than the blood bank in Finland and the avalanche rescue at Svalbard.)

It is nice to see how happy people become when they learn something new and manage to overcome challenges. It is definitely a welcome break from all of my other activities which are either done because I find it fun, or because I manage to convince myself that it is somewhat useful. Applies both to work and spare-time... Sewing-machine course is a clearly relatively samfunnsnyttig way to spend time. On top of making other people happy and making me feel less egoistic it is a great way to both meet Ingeborg weekly and totally disconnect from all sort of funky mathematical analysis of vole stomach contents :)

Ingen kommentarer: