søndag 6. november 2011

Tromsdalstinden revisited

It was about the time - Tromsdalstinden is THE mountain we see every day, from the window while biking to work, whenever looking across the fjord that it is characterizing the view. There are people who compete running up to the top (http://www.msm.no/index.php?id=4762902). There is someone who has been there 430 times! There is a book about this top (http://www.arvidsveen.com/?Tinden).

I was there once in 2007. Arnaud and Sandra had never been there.

So the three of us used a window of opportunity between all the rain (and we have had loads of rain this autumn...) to get to the top. Although it started to rain already on the way up. The way up was was rainy, cold and slippery, the way back home in the deepening darkness felt long - väsymys painoi käpälää - but we made it :)



On the way up before the rain.

Towards Skarvassbo.View to Tromsø after the rain started.

Otherwise not much has happened worth blogging. I am submerged in learning and understanding multivariate-analysis and trying to make sense of vole food selection. Hopefully in a month or so I can explain what I will find out. Outdoors it is raining. Indoors it is mainly mathematics - and cozy time at home trying to keep work thoughts at a distance :)

Ingen kommentarer: