lørdag 3. mai 2014
36 out of 72
Human body is quite flexible. After skiing several days in a row during the easter, one could notimagine that it has gone rather painlessly to work 36 of the past 72 hours glued in front of a computer. I have been invited to give a talk and have an interview at the Norwegian Polar Institute for the position as a vegetation ecologist I applied in February. And surprisingly, I have simply glided back to my habits from two years ago when I prepared to deliver my PhD. I feel like being in a bubble where my body does not exist, only my mind which is producing some sort of science. Iforget to eat, drink and go to toilet, until the needs become really urgent. And after 12 hours in front of the computer I do not even really feel tired and needing to go home, I need to tell myself that "its enough for today, its better for you to go home now". Its probably not so healthy in the long run, but, weird enough, it is surprisingly pleasant in the short term. (Okei, I did go jogging this evening.)
Abonner på:
Legg inn kommentarer (Atom)
Ingen kommentarer:
Legg inn en kommentar