tirsdag 31. mars 2015

Cleaning up...

Today is my - for now - last day at the University of Tromsø. After Easter holidays I will start my contract at the Norwegian Institute for Nature Research. As that contract lasts for three months and it is not impossible that I will return here afterwards I have not quite emptied my office. Only partly. And used the opportunity to get rid of things that have piled up during the eight (!) years that I have spent next to this table. That is quite some things, believe me... some things in the office are useful every day, some things are stored as they could be useful one day... Mostly they are not! But I definitely started to get nostalgic finding long lost empty (almost useful) test-tubes, decorative stones, course handouts from Helsinki, papers related to my work-permit hassle to Canada...

It feels weird! But I am definitely looking forward to installing myself to a new office in the Framsenteret, exploring their canteen and coffee machine and experiencing how it is to work downtown (that will give me a daily access to both a flea market and an ecological food shop so I am slightly afraid of using up a lot more money than before...). It will be fun to have a new work-context :)

The work itself is unlikely so different from before. I will work with a project that I have been involved in before, with thematic that I familiar with and with people that I have collaborated before. But I will (or at least I should...) learn new types of data-analyses (time-series analyses of small rodent population dynamics are first on the program list).

And in spite of active "cleaning things away before departure" my computer-sceen at the University is still full of things to do... or things that I simply did not even get started before leaving. But... that is probably how it always is... työt ei tekemällä lopu...

Uudet alut ovat hyviä asioita.


Ingen kommentarer: