søndag 25. oktober 2009

Flora of France



Who said that there is no ruska-aika further south than Scandinavia? I got to try a motor glider - a small plane which has an engine which is meant to be stopped in the air - above département de l'Ain, which was having a great amount of yellow, red and orange trees. I did try to stear it and it still stayed in the air!! Also from the ground-level the autumn coloured countryside definetely qualifies as having ruska. I probably seem a bit funny when every second tree is something exotic for me... Like this (concerning khaki -fruit)

J: "do you know this fruit"
Ee: "yes, we have it sometimes in the stores... I have tasted it..."
J: "ja, one of our neighbours has it in the garden"
Ee: (with round eyes) "I did not understand that I am this far south.."
J: "hihi"

But I did not eat the story about a coconut tree in the garden... :)

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

Ruska has an english word, which is "fall foliage"
Ritva S.