torsdag 8. oktober 2009

Stereotypiota




How reasonable it is to think that it will be possible to work sitting at an airport or in a plane? I imagine that I will read this and that, continue writing... ja ja ja. Never happened this far. It is better to have a book and decide that this day will not be devoted to working.

Or maybe it has something to do with the fact that cheapest flights from Tromsø leave at 6.45 in the morning?

London lived up to the expectations and was as foggy as it is supposed to be, my first sight of United Kingdom was a rather typical old building with a number of towers - I hope it doesnt belong to the general education to know which famous old building is located near Heathrow? Or then I just have to admit Im uncivilized. Heathrow did not live up to the expectations, it was amazingly easy to navigate through. But I did not need to change terminal... So I could test test a fast-food-sushi-place. Ikke verst!! Compared to sandwiches, sandwiches and sandwiches that are other "cheap" options at airoports... All in all, my comparative research from this summer says that from the three large european airports Frankfurt is the worst, Paris not so bad, and Heathrow a piece of cake. Sample size is 1... and maybe it has something to do with the order of testing... So these might be unpublishable results.

its raining in France, even if I have heard the last two rainy months in Tromsø abou the "sunny and warm autumn weather in France" Hmmm... Also at the airport my imagination of people having some taste of style in France disappeared... as un-elegant sun-burned tourists arriving back from holdays in the south as one can see in Helsinki-Vantaa... Otherwise this place corresponds to the stereotype; wine, cheese and sausage - and limited communication with people do not speak too much english. Even though the customer office tried his language skills and was telling me "suomi" when I showed my passport :) Impressive.

Ingen kommentarer: