søndag 7. mars 2010

Snow in Finland and DNA in France

Photo: Kristiina Soininen





In Finland there was some snow on the roofs... and ice falling down... It was fynny to notice that the same amount of snow that creates a chaos in South Finland makes people complain how little snow there is in Tromsø. Otherwise - some good and relaxed days in the countryside showing Finland to Arnaud and getting to know Piki the dog :) After that I left to Grenoble alone...

From my window

Next to the house

And the journey from Päiväranta to Grenoble was long... But at the end of the journey waited an Mme Bocchino whom Im renting room - and this nice lady had prepared me dinner :) Grenoble was really welcoming me! And even better it turned day after, when I started in the lab. People are nice and helpful and explain me everything with a teaspoon without making it sound as if they talked to an idiot.

Luukuoppa

The bike-network of Grenoble is impressing, and people do bike all over the place. I have had my first real meeting with French traffic with my bike (which was rather easily and cheaply possible to rent for a month :) and finally the drivers here are friendlier to bikers than their reputation is :) But I did manage to get somebody to tyyyyyyt for me. Apparently I was too slow when Im trying to be a bit careful in the traffic....

Fort du St Eynard from underneath



Fort du St Eynard is looking down to the town, directly into my laboratory window. So saturday morning I biked through the downtown (a challenge to find anywhere... my head is not adjusted on medieval city-planning) to outer part of town, parked the bike in hope to find it again, and hiked up first along small small roads and then a path through pyökki-forest to this mountaintop.

Under is photos from the top





Ingen kommentarer: