A book about coloring wool-yarn with plants (nothing funny in that) recommends: to use indigo for getting blue, one can instead of chemicals use urine. According to traditional knowledge, the best is "raavaan, ryypiskelleen miehen virtsa". Loosely translated "urine of a grown-up man (type of robust), who has been drinking". The book warns that this stinks badly, but that proper ventilation makes the final product non-stinky. With all the respect for traditional knowledge... I think I'm not going to try to collect this ingredient. After all green, yellow and brown are a nice colors, I might not
need blue...
Funny encounter number two: Our mailbox which has a quite clear "no advertisements" sign, had received an ad for "romantic lampshade from Lohja". With all respect for handmade lampshades (even if they remind of the world of Jane Austin -books), does it look nice to have a handmade lampshade of a picturing a shopping center?? I know I have grown up among some rather "curly" old-style furniture and might therefore not have the proper respect for them... but still!





Ingen kommentarer:
Legg inn en kommentar