søndag 17. april 2011

How many days can you use same underwear?

And other questions to weigh while packing 23kg for trans-continental flight (okei... we did pack an additional ski-bag, and hand luggage, and lap-top bags...). How many different thickness of woolhats do I need? Is it feasible to wear a month the same big pullover or should I have two? How fast can I dry gloves - how many pairs should I bring? It is much more exiting to pack for fieldwork somewhere else than to a place where you have a good routine what and how much to bring :)

At some point it will also be necessary to be presentable in a PhD-defence party of Arnaud. After packing everything in my backpack that I think I need in the north (øhøm... maybe knitting is not absolutely necessary, but still...), I figured that I have no space left whatsoever. Except in the hand-luggage. Which will be filled up by photo-equipment and such. It is extremely lucky to have a boyfirend of the same size as me, to borrow his clothes! The option to travel wearing down-jacket and heavy big hiking boots is not so very tempting either, even if it would save space and weight. Just hoping that June in Montreal is not overly hot - otherwise I will overheat badly on the way back.

Preparations for the field have included some home-production the last weeks, especially yesterday: we made long huge leather mittens for both, to stay warm on a snowscooter. Poor sewing machine tought that was a bit on the edge of reasonable activity! Otherwise the machine has been happy to create fleece-collars out of an old fleece from flea-market, change zippers, fix holes on pants...

Ingen kommentarer: