Fits well with the international car-free day to tell a few observations of Quebecois and cars :)
So, even if I suspected that people here drive more (well, there is no public transport in Rimouski...), I am surprised sometimes. For me, it would just be natural that the main entrance to a chiropractic clinic is towards the street. Hahaa. Wrong. The main entrance is behind the house, towards the parking-lot of course.
At the yoga-studio where Im twisting my body (and learning names of body-parts in french:), most people show up already in their training clothes. There is one small room to hang your jacket, and space for one person at a time behind a little curtain to change clothes. After wondering a bit, I came to conclusion that this must be because almost everybody comes there by car. At least I haven't seen other biking helmets than mine.
Maybe this makes me just another ignorant European who thinks everything is so much better at home, but still...
PS there are also positive things here. Like that you can order a selection of local (and partly ecological) food through a web-network of the local producers and fetch it once a week. Ikke verst! I uka skal vi få grønnsaker, kjøtt og ost - fra Bas-Saint-Laurent :)
Abonner på:
Legg inn kommentarer (Atom)
Ingen kommentarer:
Legg inn en kommentar