Watersports do not seem to be overly popular in Rimouski. Today, I went kayaking with Elisabeth, my new office mate who invited me to borrow kayak and a wetsuit from a friend of hers. It was very calm wind, warm sunshine and Saturday - and all we saw was four sailing boats, a few waterfowl-hunters and a ferry to the north shore. So, we could keep the whole bay between Rimouski and l'ile St-Barnabe to ourselves. Or... we did share it with a few curious seals :) These waters are as cold as in Tromsø, but apparently the currents and tides are even more funky. So we could use a time-window two hours to both directions from the high tide - and on the way back a current seemed to have decided we should land a few hundred meters before the place where we had decided. We won. But I see now what could happen in the worst case... A less voluntary trip to the middle of the Atlantic...
Later, I did watersports with our car. With a few buckets of water, I tried to make it understand that it better make peace with the local birds. Someone had apparently disagreed with it, and shown it - "ja taivaan linnut tulivat kuin lapin lennoston Drakenit" (Jukka Parkkinen: Korppi ja Korven veikot).
Ingen kommentarer:
Legg inn en kommentar