tirsdag 21. desember 2010

5 months in Rimouski...

...start to approach their end. Hupsista vaan. In three days I'll be all packed and leaving for Christmas-tour; a few days at Parc Jaques Cartier in a "chalee rustique", then a night in Sheerbrook and a few days in Montreal - and puf in two weeks I'll be in Tromsø. Weird!

It has been good to be here. Professionally extremely interesting to get to know faces behind names. By the third conference of this autumn I had started to feel like a part of the "Rimouski-Laval" -gang (in practice the people from different research groups who work on Bylot). It has been an interesting experience of feeling like foreigner way more than in Norway, creating my life feeling at home here - a strange mix of belonging and not-belonging. It has been great to find how some cultural roots of people are the same (at least among people who have studied ecology at the university and been to the arctic). Interesting to experience how different it is to come to a new place alone and as somebody's girlfriend. Both have pros and cons... Last but not least it has been good to have a home together with Arnå for such a long time in a row :)

But YES I'm happy to go back to a home where I feel that I belong :) A kind of "been there seen that - and now it's about the time to go" -feeling...

Ingen kommentarer: