lørdag 4. desember 2010

Itsehillinnän vaikea taito

Some self-discipline is needed when one wants to weigh minute amounts of dust. Type of less than you find between your toes usually. It is not enough to weigh how much there is, the idea is to make samples of similar weight. So I'm moving dust with tweezers back and forth to get the necessary amount, and then wrapping these nicely into small packages.

But it is not just any dust... it is pulverized lemming muscles... Take it out of context and yes, I making science is weird...

To start with it definitely caused some itku and hampaidenkiristys. But towards the the end of the first day it already got better... Best to try to take it as a yoga-exercise:"breat in, breath out, focus, calm down... focus again...and remember to breath..." Phuh! Probably a very healthy exercise for me, but yet another proof why I definitely want to hire a lab assistant if I ever have a job as a researcher ;)

Ingen kommentarer: