... is strange! I have to tell myself thant snow and sun does not mean that it is April, but December.
Taking care of all kind of paperwork can be made tremendously more complicated by being away from home. Try being a citizen of one country, living in another country permanently AND staying in a third country for a longer while. All sort of random papers can be difficult to get hold of... And the time spent in taking care of your bills, insurances, and so on increases exponentially.
After surviving the paper-show to get a work permit to Canada last year I swore, never again... Never say never... To taste the Canadian Arctic next spring, I find myself taking copies of my drivers lisence in order to send an application to Norwegian crime-register to get a paper from them to include that in my application. It is a LOT easier than last time, as I know which papers to fill inn and from where they should come. But still. The Norwegian Post office sends my mail to two addresses (even if I payed to get it forwarded to Sanja who could take care of it... one address). The Finnish social security system has not understood, after four years, that I have moved to Norway. The Canadians want me to pay with checks which is a concept almost non-existing in Norway. "Quelle bordelle!" (I like that phrase, describing a major mess)
Joka tapauksessa, oli ikimuistoinen syntymäpäivä: Kakku oli koristeltu tähtisadetikuilla. Joita ei ole tarkoitettu sisätiloihin... Emme sentään polttaneet taloa, kunhan päräytimme palohälyttimen päälle. Tietää sitten koko naapurusto että meillä juhlitaan!
Abonner på:
Legg inn kommentarer (Atom)
Ingen kommentarer:
Legg inn en kommentar