I figured that spending half a year in Quebec one should see Quebec city - and not only the University Campus as happened during my last visit. And it is on my way to Ottawa to a conference... So I managed to visit some friends for a weekend. Ikke verst! The views are from yesterday- today it's a snowstorm - a real little nice whiteout. But not too bad for testing snowshoes in a park along the river. An experience one should get in North America. It was fun, they are much lighter than skis - but obviously also slower... I have borrowed a pair of old wood-leather snowshoes - and look apparently properly touristique while carrying them around. But personally I think they look cool and I am a tourist anyway!


Old Quebec city is older than old Helsinki downtown ;) Funny! And in spite of the snowstorm it was there were plenty of people walking around on Sunday - a lively place, even if full of tourists :)


The river here is flowing really fast - it was fun to watch the ice-floes moving with quite some speed. And yes, of course it was necessary to climb to highest point of the city ;)
Ingen kommentarer:
Legg inn en kommentar