søndag 2. januar 2011

Endelig hjemme!


My journey from Montreal to Tromsø didn't go quite as planned, due to a flight ticket-mess...

I was reading "The hitchhikers guide to the galaxy", where one of the main characters gets lost in intergalactic space. I felt rather the same, only (luckily) lost on planet earth instead of space. Quite surreal sitting hours and hours in several airplanes, walking along endless corridors, standing in queues and yet again in other queues... explaining my story at yet another counter... feeling out of place among all high heels, fancy small wheeled flight-bags, tax-free shops with jewelery and expensive bottled water. Being more or less awake for 21 hours in a row, via to New York and Frankfurt, I reached Oslo at a time when I was actually supposed to be at home. I was horribly tired from both not sleeping and dragging around my luggage (it is not always so easy to check it all the way to final destination ;) and trying to find a way home. In addition I was sad to leave and lonely as Arnaud stayed in Rimouski and will come to Tromsø a month later. Being stranded in Oslo didnt help (even though it is a lot better thought than being stranded in New York or Frankfurt or another random huge foreign airport).

Hearing the prices of airport hotel was the last drop which made me cry. So the airport information lady nicely sent me to hotel to sleep :) And to sleep 12 hours was worth the price and afterwards life was a lot better :) Hotel breakfast was also worth the price - everything from croissants to at lest six types (of each) of small fish, cereals, jams, breads, juices, yoghurts, you name it! I attacked the fish - and a bit of brunost. Smaken av Norge ;) Boarding to Tromsø-plane I felt finally back in a familiar world, among all sealskin-shoes (popular wintershoe -material in North Norway), mukluks (type of "winter moccasin" of Candian origin), sorrel-boots, hiking boots, backpacks, down jackets and all that.

Og det er masse snø i Tromsø!

2 kommentarer:

Teresa sa...

Tervetuloa takaisin Norjaan! Onneksi selvisit vaikeasta matkanteosta huolimatta kotiin. Yritetææn seuraavalla kerralla olla kotona kun olet Oslossa jumissa :)

Eeva sa...

Seuraavalla kerralla koitan toivottavasti kyläillä vähän suunnitelmallisemmin :)